Sunday, December 11, 2016

Best Sweets to Try in Paris

You will see some big names on this list, but before you rise on your feet shouting "Tourist Traps", note that this is my first trip to Paris and so tourist traps or not, I just wanna try them all and see for myself what's all that hype about! 
best sweets in Paris
Now without further ado, let's get this party started! 


1. Choux pastries from Odette

Tourist attraction nearby: 
the Notre Dame, Shakespeare and Company
What I think: 
These little cream puffs were too adorable, perfect to bring some home as souvenirs I guess. The yam flavor was delightful, however, I guess something went wrong while were they making it as it was not oozing cream like the praline (or it IS supposed to be that way?). 
Bonus: 
we went up to the upper floor and found a seat by the window, overlooking the Notre Dame! 
Price: Start from 1,90€ per puff
Address: 77 rue Galande, 75005 Paris
Choux pastries
Odette Choux pastries
best Choux pastries in Paris

2. Creme Brûlée

Tourist attraction nearby: the Latin Quarter
What I think: beautifully caramelized. I devoured it within 10 seconds. 
Bonus: order a set lunch and you'll get the dessert as part of the meal. 
Creme Brulee Paris

3. Crepe and Papaya Goat Cheese from the morning market

Tourist attraction nearby: The Bastille
What I think: 
For crepes, try the original first, and then upgrade your experience with a salted Caramel crepe. You'll never go wrong with caramel. As for the goat cheese, I recommend going for something else other than Papaya. Coming from a tropical country, I just couldn’t recommend it. 
Bonus: 
the market is the best place for people watching. Find a comfortable seat and enjoy the spectacle. 
Price: Starting from 1€
Paris open Market
Paris open Market


4. Ice cream from the Berthillon

Tourist attraction nearby: Notre Dame
What I think: -
Note: 
Many considered it the best ice cream in the whole of Paris. This was the only thing we missed on this bucket list. It wasn't a suitable day to eat an ice cream as the temperature dropped down to 13. I thought you say it's Summer? I felt cheated. 
Price: 3€ per scoop
Address: 31 Rue Saint-Louis en l’Île, 75004 Paris 
Bethillon ice cream Paris
photo via Berthillon Facebook page. 


5. Hot chocolate and Mont Blanc from Angelina

Tourist attraction nearby: the Louvre
What I think: 
A single bite on it's famous Mont Blanc made me fall head over heels in love. The iced chestnut cream was definitely something new to my taste buds and since that day I am constantly searching for the Mont Blanc that may possibly top this one. The chocolate drink was rich but not the best that I've tried. My favorite chocolate drink in the world goes to the one I had in a humble cafe in Krakow, Poland. 
Bonus: Take them away to enjoy on the lawn nearby. 
Price: 7€
Address: 226 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris
mont blanc, angelina, paris


6. Ispahan and Religieuse from Ladureé 

Tourist Attraction nearby: Arc de Triomphe
What I think: 
We bought a Rose Ispahan and a Pistachio Religieuse to enjoy later in the day. On the steps of Sacré-Cœur, I was blown away by the sensational rosy taste of the Ispahan. Not too sweet, just how I like it. The pistachio religieuse sent us into a pistachio crave for the rest of our trip. Now, my mouth is watering at the thought of it. 
Bonus: 
I seldom say this but If I do, you know that it is extra special. No matter you need it or not, visit the bathroom. The interior of Laduree is very impressive, as if you are dining in a Royal Palace with the nobles. 
Price: 6.70€ for Religieuse /7.20€ for Ispahan
Address: 75 Av. des Champs-Élysées
Ispahan, Laduree
Religieuse, Laduree, Paris
Paris pastries, Laduree

7. Macarons from Pierre Hermé 

Tourist attraction nearby: Le Jardin du Luxembourg 
What I think: 
Expensive but in my opinion worth the spurge. We bought a box of 7 macarons and we cherish every last bite. These little macarons are as tasty as they are adorable, the standard Parisian treat! It definitely set a high bar for all the macarons later in my life. 
Bonus: Try the Ispahan Croissant as well!
Price: Start from 2.10€ per macaron
Address: 72 Rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris
Paris Pastries, Pierre Hermé
Paris Pastries, Pierre Hermé
Macarons, Pierre Hermé, Paris


8. Eclair from l’éclair de genie

Tourist attraction nearby: Museum Carnavalet
What I think: 
Exciting flavors, well decorated, definitely some Eclair to die for. These eclairs are magical as they can brighten up anyone's day in seconds. Since it would be the Europe Cup finale, we opt for the one with French Flag. 
Bonus: it is near to Le Loir dans la Theiere (point 8)
Price: Start from 5€
Address: 14 rue Pavée 75004 Paris
Eclair from l’éclair de genie
Eclair, l’éclair de genie
best Eclair Paris

9. Lemon Meringue Pie from Le Loir dans la Theiere

Tourist attraction nearby: Museum Carnavalet
What I think: 
since I didn't get to taste this, I asked Jeanne for her opinion on the pie. One simple remark of "I wish you were there" explain how delicious was it. I can't wait to get my hands on it during my next visit. 
Bonus: it is near to l’éclair de genie (point 7)
Price: 7€
Address: 3 Rue des Rosiers, 75004 Paris
Lemon Meringue Pie, Le Loir dans la Theiere


10. Croissants and Pain au Chocolate from that Boulangerie around the corner

Tourist attraction nearby: your hotel
What I think
Trying a croissant in Paris for the first time was a life-changing experience, and I am not even exaggerating. It made me wonder what was I doing all these while eating all those 7 days packed croissants. Since returning from Paris, I never put my hands on my once favorite snack. 
Bonus: 
There are no best in my humble opinion. Go explore in your neighborhood. Chances are the best croissants are just around the corner from your hotel. 
Price: less than 1€
Pain au Chocolate, Paris


Read more: 


📌For more travel tips, like Eat Love Travel Breathe with Miss HappyFeet. 
📌Subscribe to the monthly newsletter for exclusive travel deals, tips, free E-books, monthly giveaway and travel coupons! 


Thank You for Reading! 
This post is based solely on my honest opinion or personal experience. 
 If you have a different opinion, feel free to share your thoughts with me by commenting below!

No comments: